HotSpot - Correct hotspot of projected films
Plugin for Avisynth 2.5
Version 0.1 - November
Copyright (C)2004 Alexander G. Balakhnin aka Fizick.
HotSpot - correct hotspot arising from a projector's bulb when shooting projected video.
Uses a mask image obtained by projecting full white (no film in projector).
The plugin is Avisynth port of Hotspot filter for VirtualDub by Donald A. Graft.Function parameters:
first parameter - input clip
mask - mask file name
mult - multiplicative parameter of luma correction (0 to 1000, default = 100)
add - additive parameter of luma correction (0 to 1000, default = 100)
Features and limitations
1. Works only in YV12 and YUY2 color format.
2. Works with progressive clips.
3. Tested with Avisynth 2.55.
4. Mask is read by ImageSource Avisynth internal function (with Invoke).
5. Mask, parameters value and results are compatible with VirtualDub HotSpot plugin.
HotSpot(mask="mask.bmp", mult=120, add=80)
1) shoot a projected white frame, get draft mask image file;
2) blur and invert it to get a negative mask;
3) shoot a projected film, save clip;
4) tune mult and add parameters (may be with VirtualDub);
5) process clip by filter (with any other plugins in script).
See nice doc of VirtualDub HotSpot plugin by Donald Graft.
Documentation is distributed under CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 license.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
Please consider to make some donation to be registered user.
Version 0.1, November 6, 2004 - first public.
Download HotSpot version 0.1
Return to main page